Monday, April 18, 2011

You can't take a napa in NAPA part 2

After we left the beautiful Alpha Omega, we headed to the AMAZING Sodaro Estate Winery. This winery is a family estate winery which was founded in 1998, but it seems like it has been there forever. They focus on two main wines: Felicity: 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, and Sodaro: 2005 Estate Blend. Let me tell  you they were fabulous! Since, it was kinda cold outside we didn't get to tour the vineyards, but we did get to have lunch in the wine cave.

Carrie Ann was an amazing guide and even let us sample wine that will not be bottled and sold until 2012! We were pretty special! I think I could have stayed there all day and been totally ok!

The third and final winery stop was Rutherford Hill Winery. Rutherford Hill Winery, is  a premier producer of Merlot, and it's location is breathtaking. When we walked around the area we could see 100 year old olive trees, old oak trees and wild turkeys! We got to go into the wine caves where they keep a TON of wine that is aging. Needless, to say we definitely got our wine fix that day! Every single winery was absolutely amazing and so nice! Thank you Kristin and Brooke for setting up an amazing day!!!!

Once, we made it back to the hotel is was time for surprise #2! Lingerie Shower! If you know me at all, you know I am a tee shirt and shorts kinda gal, but it was so fun. Sorry but no pics here! :)

After, a LONG day of wine tasting we got ready and headed to Iron Chef Morimoto restaurant! It was definitely different, but my bang bang shrimp was delicious!

I swear I have the prettiest group of friends!!!  After, dinner we had a drink then headed back to the hotel bar, where we had the most fun that night. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my laugh that night. Whenever, I start to think about it I can't help but giggle. :)

 Sunday Funday is coming later!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment